Shendish Manor Hotel has recently come under new ownership since its 10 million pound refurbishment, and is now at the forefront of hospitality in Hertfordshire. Set in 160 acres of idyllic countryside with its own Dutch Gardens and Manor House, it is the ideal venue for a picture-perfect Event.
Whether your Special Event is a small occasion from 20 to a large gathering for 320, Shendish Manor has the facilities you require.
- The Manor House provides an elegant focal point, for Events between 10 and 96.
- The Manor building dates back to 1853 and exudes charm and timeless elegance.
- The Manor has its own entrance, spacious and refined lounge area and private bar. With many original features including high ornate ceilings, oak panelling, Jacobean fireplace and sweeping staircase, there are a wealth of picture perfect opportunities to enjoy.
- The Manor House can seat 96 guests for a sit down meal and accommodate 160 for a reception.
- The Manor House opens out onto the grounds of the estate and the Dutch gardens - perfect for enjoying your drinks reception with family and friends and provides the perfect backdrop for having those cherished pictures taken. The Manor Gazebo in the Gardens is also available for a Ceremony for 120.
The Contemporary addition to the Hotel has added the spacious Apsley Suite to seat a maximum of 320 guests, which also allows external caterers in; as the Suite complete with kitchen space may be hired on a venue hire only basis.
The Contemporary addition to the Hotel’s East wing has added the spacious Apsley Suite with doors opening on to its own private walled Gardens. The Apsley Suite boasts an abundance of air conditioned space, elegant décor and sparkling chandeliers to create a perfect backdrop for your celebrations.
The Suite is licensed for Ceremonies up to 400 and 350 in the gazebo in the private walled Gardens.
The Apsley is the perfect choice for the larger celebration and for those that wish to use the services of their own speciality caterer, as the suite complete with kitchen space may be hired on a venue hire only basis. We have long standing relationships with caterers within the Asian, Jewish, Greek and Italian communities.
With 70 bedrooms, we offer it all on-site to make that perfect package you are looking for.
With its close proximity to London, Luton Airport, the M25 and M1 it is also a popular choice when getting family and friends together from all over the UK.
We also have a Golf Course on-site - Our par 70, 18-hole golf course is both challenging and enjoyable, featuring a mix of hazards through the parkland and woodland copses. And as it stands on a chalk sub-strata, with a constant drainage system, we are able to offer year-round golfing on permanent tees and greens – the perfect place for your guests to unwind before or after your big day.
Additional Facilities the Hotel has to offer guests are as follows:-
- Traditional Afternoon Teas are becoming very popular taken either in the Orangery Restaurant or on our Patio looking over the beautiful Manor Grounds
- Orangery Restaurant and Terrace open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- Joiner or Private Christmas Parties
- Other Christmas Events happening over the Festive season
- Use of Virgin Active Fitness Centre @ £7.50 (which includes a fully functional high tech Gym, Swimming Pool, Steam and Sauna)
- Free use of Wi-Fi
- Free Car-Parking
For more information or availability:
01442 232 220
Shendish Manor Hotel